Tuesday

Changed my lifestyle..!!

Assalammualaikum..


My friends had been asking where I got my passion,the energy,the enthusiasm in getting things done.Honestly, I am not perfectionist and I am not originally that passionate since I was a kid.I had a low esteem when I was young am I am no popular kid,totally..! Since then,i started to change myself, developing into a better person day by day.I remembered Ana's question last month, asking me how I be that determine and passionate in doing something. It took me quite a long time to ask myself the best answer as me myself would want to know the answer too,so that I can keep pushing myself forward everyday.At last, I got the answer..


I CHANGED MY LIFESTYLE


Changes sometimes might be good or bad.Who knows until the person himself gives the changes a chance and you might find these changes is your lifetime chance...!And the reason why I changed my lifestyle is because I want to be the better me,physically and mentally.I've been focusing more on physically as I always have great people around me who had been great supportive all the time.The changes in my lifestyle little by little somehow form the person who I am now.
How I changed?


Everyone can have a pretty face but not everyone can have a perfect body.You don't need to be good or perfect to get started but you need to get started to be good and perfect.That is what I've been telling myself the whole time and keep pushing myself forward.If you are willing to work hard, educate yourself and stay consistent, you can achieve results that will last for the rest of your life.


This is the one most important, crucial thing that everyone must make clear when changing lifestyle "The goal must be right or otherwise, you'll get tired and ended giving up on the half journey". For me,i aimed to be fit and healthy, not skinny..! Well, it's a lie if I say I never adore those tall skinny stunning look models, but then when I read more, search more and study more about health, now I knew what's the best and right for me, perhaps for everyone.What made me shock the most is when I get to know that" Losing weight is easier than you think "..Gain muscles is SO MUCH HARDER !! Some fitness trainer advice that lose weight and at the same time lift weight to gain muscles. Why we need muscles? Okay, when you lost weight, it is not impossible and almost possible for you to gain weight or frankly speaking, 'fats' instantly if you quit your healthy diet routine.You'll need muscles to stay fit and by having muscles, it is harder to store unwanted fats in your body. Do remember one thing, being fit and healthy doesn't mean that you'll lose weight..! Some do get more healthy, fit and active and the figure got smaller, but the number on weighing scale does not change.It depends on the body.I know everyone wish to get a smaller number on the weighing scale but do not forget about how you feel about your body.You'll feel great if you did a good job.


Of course I did not fixed up the whole in thing in just one day.That's impossible...! I did it by fixing the small ones little by little. I knew myself well. I can't accept changes that sudden so I tricked myself. Funny isn't it but trust me, that is what you need to change and educate the way you think and look. I get mad of myself if I ate something unhealthy, but I tolerate if I ate much(not too much).I know my body well.Sometimes, I just need the extra to get active and I did not stress out myself by limiting the portion to strict. Yes, limit a portion is a must, but not too strict. Khairi had been always remind me about portions and stuffs like that but then I ignored him.Now, both of us enjoyed the new lifestyle and I often tell him strategy and the best way to achive our goals.Ah, I do also have a cheat day once a week or several days a month.You can eat whatever you like on your cheat day and just make sure you do extra cardio on the next day to cut it off.


People often give excuses for not taking good care of their body, at least their health..! It's actually either being too busy or too LAZY..!!!As a student, I have class as early as 8.50 a.m. and  I need to be in class 10 minutes earlier which means starting 8.00 a.m I need to prepare for studies. " I admit that i'd failed countless of times and gave up because of thousands of excuses.But then think, if you really want this and really into this, then there should be nothing to stop you to change and be better.Why get up so early in the morning? Actually, the best time to workout is in the morning.Remember, if you don't schedule time to do something for you, no one else will...! Not even your besties..!


Do not make changes 360..!Do it little by little. It is these little steps we take everyday that bring us closer to what we want.Me myself did not change the world just in one night.I first, plan. List out the things that I should get myself in to make changes and things that I should get myself out to make a better me.In meals, i change the protions first.From a big protion, i slowly reduce it bit by bit and know i am able to get myself fit in 1/3 from my initially big portion.Then i add some good food in my meals and routine. I steam instead of fried.I drink white plain water and pure carrot juice(homemade-i blend it myself)instead of sodas and coloured water like bandung and etc.I take Spirulina to flush out toxins too.I try to drink about 2 litres of water everyday.And... there are so much more to list. I've been in the 40 ++ kilos category until i'm in high school but when things get harder and I had not paid attention to my diet, I gained weight till the past few months to 50++ kilos which is quite overweight for my height and size.Now, i'm back to 40++ just like my schoolinghood back then and I feel grat about it. I know it's hard and Malaysia has number of food that could be tempting especially on festives like Hari Raya and Deepavali, but just keep constant and you will get there.Discipline can be infectious, just a little bit will go a long way.


Btw, I learnt something that makes me stronger which is saying 'NO' to something that my heart won't tolerate to. I learn to say 'NO' for my own sake. What I mean is, not everything you like or people give you is good for you. Examples like, I love rice and meat.... A LOT..! I can eat up the whole thing for a portion of two to three adults..! I always hang out with my family members and friends and when we hang out, the stuffs like McD,KFC, pizzas and not to mention chips, are like the things that must be there around us. So, I make myself clear that now I am in dilemma and I need to be wise. If I am strong enough to say 'NO', then I will decline those nasty evil fast unhealthy food.But, what if I don't? Then i'll make a backup plan for that. Let's say that I really need to eat my mom's nasi lemak (which everyone knows that it's unhealthy meal) coz she made it special for me, then i'll just enjoy it and make sure i'll work out more and drink more water/detox to clean my stomach. Usually it's easy to say 'NO' to peers, not to family members. Haha.. you'll get used to it. Remember.. you have the right to choose what's best for yourself and nobody can change that..!


I used to hate myself for being big and not appealing until I forget to love for what the god had granted me.-GOOD HEALTH..!!!!!- I've been blaming myself and everyone around me for who I am and how I look. Then I realised, that it is me the actual problem.I just need to defeat me,my biggest enemy.And the laziness, don't say la. For many years I've been tricked and defeated by my own laziness and now till the rest of my life, i'm ready for the battle..! huahaha.. Just do more than what you can and i assure you, you'll be satisfied with what you gained.Do bear in mind, if you only do what you can do, you will not be more for what you never do.GET STARTED..!
After all, fitness isn't about fitting in.It's a lifestyle because we choose to,not force to.

How can I relate, being fit and healthy get me passionate and determine in getting things done? Trust me,when your body is  healthy and fit enough, your heart will be healthy and fit as well.You'll be more happy and energetic in doing something and no doubt the feeling and passion in getting something done will grow stronger.Just live your fullest and be the best of yourself..!


Thanks for reading.Do comment to share tips or advices about fitness and being healthy :)
Stay Healthy..!!

No comments: