Sunday

Eating Together is Better Than Alone

Yesterday had been a very busy day...! I'm a student,a wife and a mom to be (coz we're expecting), which means life isn't that easy like always. Currently, we're fourth year student of Mechanical Engineering and we should expect LOTS of assignments, LOTS of presentations, LOTS of researching and we need to repeat anything that mess up like A LOT in the final year.
Getting up early to head to the Uni and getting back late had been our routine recently  and i am super duper LETIH. And even though i'm exhausted and tore up, i always make sure my hubby and i have a healthy & delicious homecook meal everyday.Coz i cook everyday..!!! 


Well, i'm not complaining but yesterday had been a very hectic day. We're supposed to have an hour break at twelve to eat, to rest and perform Zuhur prayer, but i was too busy with my research and i can't have lunch with my hubby. My poor hubby had to cycle back to our house *alone* ,and then supposed to heat up the soup for the noodles (i've prepared simple chicken soup noodles for lunch) and finish his meal as i expected. Then, he's off to his work again.

But then, when i got back to our house after one, heating up the soup and preparing the noodles, something then caught my attention and i was like... 
"WHAT IS THIS MUHAMMAD KHAIRIAKMAL..!!"
He obviously didn't finish most of his noodles and don't make me count the radish coz i know he didn't touch any of it, at all..! He just left it in the sink and that's enough to boil me up. 

Let me conclude what had made me angry.. (≧口≦)
1st .... he did not finish his noodles like 80% of it
2nd .... he did not eat any of the radish
3rd .... he did not drink his soup coz there were so much leftover 
4th .... he just left the noodles in the sink
5th .... bla bla bla... and the list goes on...

I started to worry and think, " what is wrong with him? Was the soup tasted so bad that he wouldn't want to have some at all..!". I had a sip and soup was totally fine.. and yummy.. *ehem*..  But then, the moment when i wanted to take a bite, suddenly this awkward lonely feeling strucked in and my appetite just went away. I can't take a bite of the noodles even if i wanted to..!

Then, i got an email from my hubby and he wrote..
"Sorry for not finishing the noodles because i felt so lonely without you during lunch, but i promise i'll finish it later when we're both back at home".

I understand now.
Coz i felt the same too.Eating together is better than alone. Perhaps, much more better..! For dinner, i prepared garlic steamed prawns,ikan goreng sumbat and miso soup, and we scrumptiously enjoyed our meal while watching Chibi Maruko Chan. There were smiles and laughters, chit chats and everything was joyful. 

After all, meals taste more delicious when shared with the person you love.

Well, everything is better when shared with the person you love. 

No comments: